Sunday, September 5, 2010

Saturday Journal - Day 3

Hooray, Earl passed us by.  It was wonderful that even the rain stopped by mid morning, and the sun began to peek out.  Fueled by sun and a light breeze, I managed get my kids to motivate a bit as well.  While they did some chores around the house, I had the chance to hang all of the quilts and blankets on the line.  I love to put them out on the laundry line when there is such a nice breeze, it makes them smell so good and fresh, like spring-time.  Since I was already dismantling the beds, I threw all of the sheets in the wash, and even managed to throw a couple of the pillows through as well.  Moving on to my next target was a bit less rewarding or successful, the yard is my nemesis.  I had my son mow the grass, and taught my daughter how to rake up the edges, but I really needed to put some time and energy into trimming back the hedges and other bushes.  So I started at it, got the kids to pick up the scraps as I went along, and managed to make it look slightly better without doing any permanent damage, I think.  We did try to make some advances on the back yard as well, but it didn't get very far since it was lunch time, and the kids all started making that noise where you know they aren't whining yet, but they will be soon.  Once they get started (it's the only thing they can all do together as a team, lol) it beomes more work telling them what to do, and talking them into it than it would be for me to do it myself.  Needless to say, we retired to the kitchen for lunch, and I totally forgot about the yard and started in on other housework that I had been avoiding.  I guess overall we did get a bunch of things done, I will have to see what I can get finished up tomorrow.  I know that before long we will have to worry about snow starting , and I want to make sure that we get the yard done before that happens, ugh.  That reminds me, I am going to have to call about getting wood delivered again this year.  That will be another project for the boys some weekend, but they acutally did a really good job with it last year, and it only cost me $10 for each of them, lol.  Well after all that yard and housework today, I'm heading out to the back porch with my iced tea to listen to the crickets before I go to bed.  I want to enjoy it now while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment