Sunday, September 5, 2010

Journal #4 - sunday

Today was like one of those Sunday's that I remember from when I was a kid.  Sunday's were days to stay home, no plans, no going anywhere, just being home and relaxing - that was my today.  Even more wonderful, my day began with my dariling hubby getting up, before me for once, making coffee, and actually making breakfast for everyone (cooking with pans and everything!)  Afterwards I wandered through the newspaper, sipping coffee and checking emails and facebook.  I was glad to hear that my mom's dog, Buddy, was doing much better - they were afraid the other night that they may have to have him put to sleep - but he just needed some additional medication.  What a terrible summer it has been for my poor mom, Buddy dying would probably just about put her over the edge.  I wish that she lived closer, Tennessee is not quite close enough for lunch and shopping dates, but we will see what happens in the next couple of years.  Who knows, after my oldest son graduates we may decide that Tenn. is where we want to be?  Although after our recent heat wave, my hubby is seriously reconsidering that line of thought, lol, I think that he lost 10 pounds from all of the heat.  So today was relaxing, one of those days where I wear my comfy clothes all day, because I know that I am not going anywhere or have to do much of anything.  Maybe I was subconsciously resting up for tomorrow, since we are "cordially invited" to my mother-in-law's for a cookout.  Hmm, I will have to think of something to do with the kids that will keep me from having to sit and make conversation forever (well seems like forever) about how my MIL is right and whoever was disagreeing with her was wrong.  Ugh, I just hope that she doesn't start in on the kids and how they should be doing this, and shouldn't be doing that... it makes for a terribly long afternoon.  Since things have been kind of on an even keel for a while, I am hoping to keep it that way, so I need to be good and keep my mouth shut a bit, I can always complain to hubby when we get home :)  Oh well, while I am waiting for hubby to get home from work tonight, I will get some dishes done, and maybe think of something interesting to take for tomorrow.  Actually that sounds like a good idea, it's actually cool enough to get the oven going, and I have some neat pie recipes that I haven't gotten to make yet.  I wonder if hubby will stop for supplies on his way home?  Well, I am off to the kitchen to bake some of my relaxation and happiness into a pie.  Maybe I can get my MIL to eat a couple pieces tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. It was always my wife's mother-in-law who was the problem around here.

    :(

    BTW, far be it from me to offer advice on where to live, but there's an old song called 'Brakeman's Blues' and here is the first stanza:

    Portland Maine is just the same as sunny Tennessee
    Portland Maine is just the same as sunny Tennessee
    Any old place I hang my hat is home sweet home to me
    I went to the depot and looked up on the board
    I went to the depot and looked up on the board
    It says it's good times here but it's better on down the road

    Just sayin!

    ReplyDelete