Saturday, November 27, 2010

Theme Week #12

It was a hot, sultry night.  A perfect night.  We had had a few drinks earlier in the evening, alcohol was buzzing pleasantly through my brain.  As I showered, my thoughts skipped ahead to the club we were going to.  The thumping bass reached down to my very bones, and when I closed my eyes I could almost see the flashing lights keeping time to the patter of water against my sensitive skin under the shower spray.  Hot wet skin, shining with sweat from dancing, moving.  Hands ran themselves down my side, following the curves, spreading soft lather, filling the shower with the scent of lavender, vanilla, and something warm and sexy.  Hands resting on my hips swaying to the music, the fabric of my skirt rubbing against the movement, inching slightly higher then lower again.  I can feel the roughness of the hands against my body, fingers trailing, outlining my body with whisper-light touches.  Hands running up my neck and into my hair, freeing the last of the shampoo to run down my back.  Turning off the water, the droplets slashing at my feet pick up the tempo again, fast then slower and slower.  Warmness envelops me as I wrap the towel around me, holding me tight, my chest heaving with each breath.  I open my eyes, it's time to get dressed for the night.

1 comment:

  1. Drilling down and mining one's own sensations and avoiding 'car chase' type writing, if you know what I mean, is a risky but highly effective strategy. Risky because if the writer can't carry it off, it reads very bland. Effective because if the writer does carry it off, the reader feels very much a part of the scene. You do bring it off.

    And you also do the risky thing of imagining the evening out and weaving those later not-yet-happened events into the shower description.

    Tricky! You've done a lot here, packed power into a short effective graf.

    ReplyDelete