Monday, December 6, 2010

Theme Week #13

Generally I try very hard to be a kind and considerate person.  It is one of the things that I am kind of funny about.  It drives my husband crazy, and probably my kids too.  I truely believe in the saying my mother uses "What you put out into the universe comes back to you."  I don't know where she got it, or if she made it up, but I have heard it so often I automatically say "Universe-schumiverse" in the back of my mind, like I did as a kid, before I remember that I totally agree with her.  Overall it boils down to being nice to people, everyday, every time you have the chance.  When I was out shopping at ungodly hours of the morning on Black Friday, I was reminded how many people perhaps don't believe in that same tenet.  I could clearly see the look of gratitude and surprise on the face of the woman behind me when I passed her my cart and grabbed another one.  Or the smile I got from the man who had dropped his receipt in the parking lot when I picked it up and ran after him to give it to him.  I remind my kids all of the time, being kind is not a big thing, it's all in the little things.

1 comment: